Radiation Simulation
So today was simulation day at HFH.
Found the right parking garage but the radiation patients have a different entrance area. In other words, I ended up paying $2.50. My dumb mistake. Moving onward...
Waited in the room for about 20 minutes but I had my book and I was early...shocker.
Finally it was my turn and I had to undress from waist down. Then I was led to a room with a CT Scanner. They bonded my feet together and I had a warm blankie! YAY! They took a picture of me to verify not only by verbal but picture too. I guess there is a run on getting radiation, huh? hahaha I know it is to be sure the coordinates are right.
So I went through the CT a couple of times and then the techs marked me and then I was tattooed. Just little blue dots but it sure did show me that I could not handle getting a real tattoo. I hate the needle thing. The markings are kind of gross too. Yuck!
Found the right parking garage but the radiation patients have a different entrance area. In other words, I ended up paying $2.50. My dumb mistake. Moving onward...
Waited in the room for about 20 minutes but I had my book and I was early...shocker.
Finally it was my turn and I had to undress from waist down. Then I was led to a room with a CT Scanner. They bonded my feet together and I had a warm blankie! YAY! They took a picture of me to verify not only by verbal but picture too. I guess there is a run on getting radiation, huh? hahaha I know it is to be sure the coordinates are right.
So I went through the CT a couple of times and then the techs marked me and then I was tattooed. Just little blue dots but it sure did show me that I could not handle getting a real tattoo. I hate the needle thing. The markings are kind of gross too. Yuck!
![]() |
| I have one on the other hip as well. |
So after all that, I talked with the nurse about nutrition, getting enough liquids, and getting A&D ointment just in case. Then Dr. E and Dr. S (see prior post for names) came to talk to me. Dr. E asked me if I had any trauma to my left femur (hip). I told him no so he made me get xrays as a precaution but he doesn't think it is anything cancerous.
So up to Xrays I go. The people up there were super nice and they took about 4 images. If I don't hear from Dr. E about it, then it's nothing....c'mon nothing!
But I start my treatment on 7/23/2014 and that is at 9am but after 8/4/2014, my time changes to 845am. Let the fun begin! :)

Comments