Radiation Consultation - Dr. Elshaikh

Ok so I am back from my consultation for treatment of my cancer thing.

First, it was nice that the other doctor (I think he was Dr. Sevak) explained the hysterectomy and then the vaginectomy with the use of a model.  It did help to see what really happened. Anywho, my cancer tumor was about 3cm.

So treatment....
First, I have to go for assimilation on Friday at 9am at HFH.  This is for going through the process of the actual radiation.  Not really sure how long this will take but whatever.. moving onward. Of course I will be blogging this when it happens.


After that mess is done, I get to choose the time that will work for myself and the radiation team.  OK this is what made my jaw dropped but apparently it is normal but I will be going 5 days a week for a 20 minute treatment for 5 weeks and then 3 treatments of the internal after the external.

But at least I won't have to pay for parking, and parking for radiation patients is close plus I can do this alone without pestering anyone.  Hoping I can get a time about 10am so I can go home and sleep it off.

So now I wait for Friday....love this waiting bit. *rolling eyes*

Comments

Unknown said…
will you receive a "radioactive" implant for the internal radiation?

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!