First Day of Radiation
First day of radiation...kind of like the first day of school. The unknown, scariness, big whirling machines, etc etc
Well first off, one of the machines were down so there was a 30 to 45 minute wait. That wasn't a big issue but it was bloody cold in there. I am definitely bringing a throw from home. Way too cold! Glad I was wearing shoes with socks on! The Raynaud's on my hands were acting up because of the coldness but one of the ladies got me a blanket. Very nice!
So finally I get in. It's like a big eyeball machine that is aimed at the tattooed areas. So there is a panel on one side and the 'eyeball machine' on the other.
It was about a 15 minute process and the two went around me and stopped at the tattooed areas. Thankfully, I don't need a mold to hold my body in place but the table was really HARD!
After all that, I had to talk to Gayle who needed to get me an earlier MRI. Well, surprise surprise...I am going in tomorrow at 945am. Still at HFH so I don't have to drive all over the place. This should prove interesting! Well, going to take a nap!
Well first off, one of the machines were down so there was a 30 to 45 minute wait. That wasn't a big issue but it was bloody cold in there. I am definitely bringing a throw from home. Way too cold! Glad I was wearing shoes with socks on! The Raynaud's on my hands were acting up because of the coldness but one of the ladies got me a blanket. Very nice!
So finally I get in. It's like a big eyeball machine that is aimed at the tattooed areas. So there is a panel on one side and the 'eyeball machine' on the other.
![]() |
| Radiation Machine |
After all that, I had to talk to Gayle who needed to get me an earlier MRI. Well, surprise surprise...I am going in tomorrow at 945am. Still at HFH so I don't have to drive all over the place. This should prove interesting! Well, going to take a nap!
UPDATE
July 28th I have an appointment with an orthopedic specialist. *sigh*

Comments