Friday!!!!!
There is nothing worse than waiting...let me just say that. I called my dr's office yesterday (as told by my dr) to get my blood results back. I never had my phone call returned and they are not opened today. Another day I have to wait. This test is my annual blood test to make sure that the lupus is at bay. I am not too concerned but I just hate waiting!
Class...I know you were waiting! :)
I did both classes last night again. I wasnt sure if I was going to. Wednesday night I wasn't feel all that hot. I think it is a combination of me NOT working out (or at least walking) and other weather related issues.
CK ~ Kelly pushed as one notch over which is good. Nothing worse than getting into a routine and then not jumbling it up. She is a excellent teacher and she has told me if I needed some help or questions, just ask her. She reminded me that she is a personal trainer. I thanked her for the extended help. I may ask some advice or such but I know that will cost money. We will see what happens.
BS ~ We did the stepper in class. That always kills my thighs! We did squat variations (I have inner thighs? WOW!) and those hurt too! Well, I can't say hurt but the soreness is definitely there. But overall, it was a great class...I am never disappointed when I leave there. I feel like I expended my body to its limit and I know it will take time to get myself back into shape. But it is so nice to be in a class setting and with other folks who are looking for the same goal... Getting back in shape.
Some results ~ I know I told some of my friends this but I have to blog this. Ever since I have been going to these classes, my joints have not caused me any problems. I have been pain free from that and any lupie flareups. I think I found my "cure". Which makes me laugh since I was talking to this one lady about weight loss (found out she was a saleschick) and she was telling me how she "knows" people who have taken bla bla bla even with lupus and lost weight. You know what, exercise is what my body needed. Not a fad diet, gimmicks, etc... I just politely smiled and said that's nice. I gave some bullshit story that my dr wants to keep me off drugs that it could upset the lupies. Whew! hehehehe,
Thanks ~ I know this sounds like the Grammy awards but I want to send out some gratitudes.
In no particular order:
- Of course, God who has given me strength to endure obsticles. I know I could not have moved forward after hearing my diagnose in 2001. My favorite "poem" Footprints:
"...LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way.But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."
The LORD replied:
"My son, my precious child,I love you and I would never leave you.During your times of trial and suffering,when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
- My family who have stuck by me asking questions on how I am doing, especially my folks. I know what family truly means.
- My friends (you all know who you are!) for supporting and encouraging me. Especially Tammy who suggeted these classes (thanks girl!). Those have been such a Godsend!
- My Husband who knows some of my ideas are quirky and far fetched but always there to make it a reality. Thanks babe!
- My online board member friends ~ the best bunch of people I have met online who have given me ideas and support. You are the best bunch of people and I am glad I have found you!
I think that is it. If I forgot anyone, let me know and I can put you on in my list.
Anyways, It's Friday and it's time for the weekend! We are puppy looking Saturday but there are no guarantees... I dont know how I am going to be able to pass up a cute little pup.
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!
Comments