The Dirty Details....
Now that I am more coherent and I have a few minutes to write this down...
Class last night kicks ass! The instructor (I think her name was Carol) pushed us to go further but if we had limitations, would give alternatives. There were various moves that kicked my butt. The push ups made my upper shoulders ache! Wooo! We did some strength training moves that turned into cardio. For example, forward lunges (right and left), squats (R & L), then back lunges (R & L). We did this for a 10 count. That was awesome! There was this other move, called the plank that you rest your body on your forearms and raise yourself on your toes. That also did some major achy-ness! :)
The studio was really neat. It has a track (which is what I like) and the members can take the MCC classes since it is in their membership fee. It doesnt sound like it is too expensive and but it is a year contract. I am going to see how this class goes and if all is well, I may just join and take extra classes so I can get this metabolism moving instead of taking the one class, two day a week. I will have to see how things go. The studio is about 20 mins from the house (not too bad for the drive). The drive home was a bit of a challenge but in due time I wont be as sore. This class is hard but that will ease up too! I have some moves I want to practice on and use my bball to stretch out my back and abs. I think I may do some walking on the treadmill to loosen up the muscles and keep them fit.
Anywho, that was last night. I had lots of fun. Lots of work, sweat and good times.
Class last night kicks ass! The instructor (I think her name was Carol) pushed us to go further but if we had limitations, would give alternatives. There were various moves that kicked my butt. The push ups made my upper shoulders ache! Wooo! We did some strength training moves that turned into cardio. For example, forward lunges (right and left), squats (R & L), then back lunges (R & L). We did this for a 10 count. That was awesome! There was this other move, called the plank that you rest your body on your forearms and raise yourself on your toes. That also did some major achy-ness! :)
The studio was really neat. It has a track (which is what I like) and the members can take the MCC classes since it is in their membership fee. It doesnt sound like it is too expensive and but it is a year contract. I am going to see how this class goes and if all is well, I may just join and take extra classes so I can get this metabolism moving instead of taking the one class, two day a week. I will have to see how things go. The studio is about 20 mins from the house (not too bad for the drive). The drive home was a bit of a challenge but in due time I wont be as sore. This class is hard but that will ease up too! I have some moves I want to practice on and use my bball to stretch out my back and abs. I think I may do some walking on the treadmill to loosen up the muscles and keep them fit.
Anywho, that was last night. I had lots of fun. Lots of work, sweat and good times.
Comments