Continuation....
Ok now that I have a moment I can go into detail about class last night. As noted in the previous post, we worked with stability balls (SB) and bands.
We did oodles of variations with the SB from siting on it doing shoulder work to bench pressing. We also did glutes by laying on our stomachs and putting the ball between our feet and doing pulsating work. Sounds easy, but it isn't. For abs, we outstretched our arms and legs, starting the SB holding in our hands, we would raise both arms and legs and pass the SB to the feet and vice versa. It really does have a awesome burn to it. We also did squats with a leg raise. I dont know how to explain it but believe me, it really got the heart rate up! Of course push ups were on the menu as well!
For the bands, we worked on bicep curls and triceps pulls. Those really kill doing them back to back but I know this will help smooth out my triceps. Kelly told me she thought of me when she thought of our routine today. I really did appreciate that!
As always, we did our stretches for glutes, hamstrings and the rest of the muscles. Good class overall. I did talk to one of the owners and I can get a deal with John and I. So we are going in tonight to see if he likes it. I already know I will be coming back here. It's only a 20 min drive and the classes are included with the membership. So, we will see later on tonight. I may post about it but I am not sure. If anything, tonight I will be doing cardio work. My muscles need a rest.
We did oodles of variations with the SB from siting on it doing shoulder work to bench pressing. We also did glutes by laying on our stomachs and putting the ball between our feet and doing pulsating work. Sounds easy, but it isn't. For abs, we outstretched our arms and legs, starting the SB holding in our hands, we would raise both arms and legs and pass the SB to the feet and vice versa. It really does have a awesome burn to it. We also did squats with a leg raise. I dont know how to explain it but believe me, it really got the heart rate up! Of course push ups were on the menu as well!
For the bands, we worked on bicep curls and triceps pulls. Those really kill doing them back to back but I know this will help smooth out my triceps. Kelly told me she thought of me when she thought of our routine today. I really did appreciate that!
As always, we did our stretches for glutes, hamstrings and the rest of the muscles. Good class overall. I did talk to one of the owners and I can get a deal with John and I. So we are going in tonight to see if he likes it. I already know I will be coming back here. It's only a 20 min drive and the classes are included with the membership. So, we will see later on tonight. I may post about it but I am not sure. If anything, tonight I will be doing cardio work. My muscles need a rest.
Oakland played Oral Roberts but lost but was a close game (73-63)
Have a great weekend and check back for new posts!
Comments