Brachytherapy fitting

One more day and I am done with the external radiation treatments!  YAY!  It's been a hell of a ride with my body having a lot of rejections.  I cannot wait to get things back to where they were...and eat a cheeseburger!  I truly do miss that!

Today was the brachy 'fitting'.  After I was finished with treatment today I was led to an examination room.  Of course I had to strip down (bottom half) and then the doctor pretty much did a pelvic exam.  Got through that ok...no problem.  Then he takes out this cylinder that was huge (well it seemed huge to me).  He gelled it up and tried to insert it.  Mind the word here.."tried".  The fucker hurt like hell!  I know radiation is supposed to shrink the walls of the vagina but WOW!  I saw stars!  He did try twice and to no avail... could not deal with that pain.  He did mention it is the largest cylinder but oy!

My dates for this are Sept 4, 9 and 11th at 10am.  Hopefully it won't be as painful as today's clusterplop.  Now I have a sore bum and a sore who-ha.  Great way to start my holiday weekend...walking like a penguin.  :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!