2 weeks until surgery
Normally, around this time, I am so super excited about getting stuff ready for camping, school work and tests, and the usual things but my mind is wrapped around this surgery.
I am going through my head of things I need to do, or finish, and yet I feel so unprepared. I did a big ol' food shopping stock up so John has food to make and store. I am also thinking about making sure I have my meds, the Golytely mixture (ready and chilled), my clothes ready for that day and next, and my bag of stuffs that will come with me. I am super nervous not knowing what to expect. I read online and I have some friends who went through it as well. And like the old saying goes, everyone experience something different.
I think it is the unknown that scares me. I like having some control over my life. Another thing that I feel so unprepared for is the care for my dogs. Who's going to let them out? Make sure they have food/water?
Then the snowball of worry gets bigger... I start worrying about the laundry from camping that needs to be done, again with the dogs (and birds/fish), how am I going to prepare my foods, etc etc etc. Probably worrying about nothing but when the unknown is looming..what am I supposed to do?
Definitely want to document that day as much as I can and luckily, Blogger has an app that I can write until my time is called. Maybe get some hospital pictures too! :)
Also, hoping for an early surgery time so I can start my recovery and get home. From my understanding of others who have been through it, I will be groggy and in/out of sleep but after that...I know me.. I want out of that hospital. I have to be sure to have my phone and charger (I hear I should bring an extension cord too), picture ID, ear buds (in case I have a crazy roommate... again).
Whoever reads this, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. More for me to ease up on the stress and for guidance. I may write again next week when it is one week til surgery time!
Now don't get me wrong, I am not re-thinking this. I am looking forward when I am back on my feet and now having the pains, constant bleeding and not knowing when it does go through. It will be nicer to enjoy camping without worrying about these factors or do anything!
Just 2 weeks.... gah!
I am going through my head of things I need to do, or finish, and yet I feel so unprepared. I did a big ol' food shopping stock up so John has food to make and store. I am also thinking about making sure I have my meds, the Golytely mixture (ready and chilled), my clothes ready for that day and next, and my bag of stuffs that will come with me. I am super nervous not knowing what to expect. I read online and I have some friends who went through it as well. And like the old saying goes, everyone experience something different.
I think it is the unknown that scares me. I like having some control over my life. Another thing that I feel so unprepared for is the care for my dogs. Who's going to let them out? Make sure they have food/water?
Then the snowball of worry gets bigger... I start worrying about the laundry from camping that needs to be done, again with the dogs (and birds/fish), how am I going to prepare my foods, etc etc etc. Probably worrying about nothing but when the unknown is looming..what am I supposed to do?
Definitely want to document that day as much as I can and luckily, Blogger has an app that I can write until my time is called. Maybe get some hospital pictures too! :)
Also, hoping for an early surgery time so I can start my recovery and get home. From my understanding of others who have been through it, I will be groggy and in/out of sleep but after that...I know me.. I want out of that hospital. I have to be sure to have my phone and charger (I hear I should bring an extension cord too), picture ID, ear buds (in case I have a crazy roommate... again).
Whoever reads this, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. More for me to ease up on the stress and for guidance. I may write again next week when it is one week til surgery time!
Now don't get me wrong, I am not re-thinking this. I am looking forward when I am back on my feet and now having the pains, constant bleeding and not knowing when it does go through. It will be nicer to enjoy camping without worrying about these factors or do anything!
Just 2 weeks.... gah!
Comments