Surgery and recovery
My prep day was busy. We arrived home from camping about 1pm, started my Golytely stuff, midterm.and waited for the hospital to call about my time.
First the Golytely. Wasn't bad at first but by the 7th glass, I was ready to yak it up. Thankfully it was that watery substance. Definitely chilled makes a difference but the knowing what it does made me glad I don't eat that much. Done!
Hospital called and gave me an arrival time of 5:30 am and surgery time of 7:30am. Everything was on time and the Dr was ready for surgery about 8 and was done about 945. I had a breathing tube and it sure made throat raw. So glad I brought my red hots to suck on. Water gets so boring after the 8th cup. Got my own recovery room too! Lunch was liquid based of beef broth (gross), grape juice, lemon Italian ice, lemon jello, and tea. My urine bag was removed about they were sure I was peeing enough (yay!).
I had the choice of something solid for dinner but I decided to wait for breakfast. Glad too. I'm starving but just didn't feel ready for it. I am now! :)
Just looking forward to going home today, hoping before noon. Just done being here. Belly is tender but doable.
Glad for all who visited, stayed and sent me well-wishes and prayers for my surgery and recovery.
Comments