My new Dermatologist

Let me first say, I love this doctor!  Ok that said here's my appointment details (well as much as I can remember)...

First her name is Dr. Holly Kerr.  She has seen patients with lupus of different types!  Thank goodness!  Anywho, most the information I did know and she reiterated about what is going on with my skin, especially my scalp.  One thing I did tell her that I am DONE with cortisone shots...NO MORE!  She agreed to it.  She told me that that is very old fashioned and not really designated to help patients with Lupus.  I am on a cream to help with my flaring head.  Especially as of now being off Cellcept until my surgery is done and the week after.   Just been one thing after another but it seems like I am catching things before they become worse.

I did find out a few things:

  • The sun poisoning I have on my chest could have been the first sign I was developing Lupus.  This happened when I was about my early 20s.  Not shocked but was very interesting
  • Even sun exposure on, let say my foot, not treated can affect my scalp.  REALLY?  Makes me a little more cautious about what I am covering and protecting.  
  • The cyst that I was being treated on my face could very well be another Lupus depression, similar to what I have on my arms, head and thighs. Huh!  I love learning new things about this disease. Being educated is a way to help!
Another issue I have is a cyst I do have on my back.  I thought it was a pimple but it is a cyst and can be removed surgically. It has nothing to do with Lupus (thankfully) but I cannot have it removed until after my surgery.  So for now, just have to deal with it.

Overall, love this doctor and she works closely with my Rheummy!  LOVE THAT!  

3 weeks until my surgery!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!