Very Exciting News for my Career
Last Saturday, I went over my friend's house to do some interactive skill work. As we were telling stories back and forth, I asked her about how she started or if she knew what she wanted to do with her degree. She proceeded to tell me about her first step in volunteering at the local hospital screening newborns (keeping things confidential, just in case) .
This piqued my interest ever since seeing the audiologist in my Deaf Culture class this semester (Fall 2012). What better way to find out if I can do this by volunteering?! I called the woman in charge of the volunteering and I get to go in on October 17th to do paperwork and start shadowing! This volunteer work is one day a week, about 3 to 5 hours (in the morning).
I am way excited in this new chapter in my school and, hopefully, work!
This piqued my interest ever since seeing the audiologist in my Deaf Culture class this semester (Fall 2012). What better way to find out if I can do this by volunteering?! I called the woman in charge of the volunteering and I get to go in on October 17th to do paperwork and start shadowing! This volunteer work is one day a week, about 3 to 5 hours (in the morning).
I am way excited in this new chapter in my school and, hopefully, work!
Comments