First day of volunteering...

OK this is going to be within reason of confidentially (of course).  I couldn't really tell you any names if I had dynamite strapped on me.  hahha!  Anyhoo here was my first day of volunteering....

I arrived (and free parked) around 8am this morning and of course there are no close parking places but oh well.  Got in and watched a movie about the machine that I was being trained on (electrode placement, ear cup placement, bla bla bla).   Met up with Jill and Glenn and talked a little on what is going to happen.  Today was mostly observation but I did get a chance to hook up the baby (OMG are they cute!) and do some testing.  I am not 100% sure of being on my own yet but this is only my first day.  So much to soak in!

Before going in, I decided to wear one of my wigs since my alopecia is really bad.  I didn't want to freak out parents or whoever.  Plus I would concentrate more on what to do than wondering who is looking at me.  With that being said, I got my photo ID with my first wig I did buy.
Not a flattering picture but this is also not my hospital ID either (whew!).   ok back to this experience...

So I went into a couple of different types of rooms... from NICU to birthing rooms.  It was pretty intimidating with all the information my two trainers gave but I figure I can handle ITP at OCC, I can handle anything! :)   I also found out that volunteers get a free lunch if they work over 3 hours.  BONUS!    But overall, very different atmosphere but the people were really friendly. 

Comments

Unknown said…
What a great thing to do..I know you will do great!! :) *HUGS*

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!