Add another test under my belt
This morning I had my CT Scan. So, to document this day I shall blog it. :)
I asked through the social media on what others had to do just to get an idea. So the test was at 1130 but I had to be there an hour early to drink some medicinal liquid. That scared me a bit after last year's Golytly crap. That was just horrible!
Anywho back to the scanning..
I had this jug o' liquid that wasn't terrible! It was room temp and looked like it dissolved in the water. For all I know, I was given poison. Hmmmmm..
So pretty close to the 1130 mark, they called me back. Now I heard so many different varieties of what the tech does and this gal... was AWESOME! First, the room was absolutely freezing! I am already anemic so this cold room just intensified it. I laid on this bed thing-y (clothed) and she put this sheet over me. Ahh warmth plus I had to take my pants off to my knees. Now for this scanner thing. The best way to describe it is this.... a giant donut! Mmmmm donut!
So the tech hooked me up with an IV with saline solution at first. I went a few rounds on the machine, I guess to calibrate it and then the tech put in the 'warming' stuff. I did feel the warmth in the back of my throat and in my bladder. I didn't really have the sensation that I may pee my pants. That feeling went away within 5 mins, if that. A few more rounds in the machine and then I was done. I think it may have been a total of 10 minutes.
I asked through the social media on what others had to do just to get an idea. So the test was at 1130 but I had to be there an hour early to drink some medicinal liquid. That scared me a bit after last year's Golytly crap. That was just horrible!
Anywho back to the scanning..
I had this jug o' liquid that wasn't terrible! It was room temp and looked like it dissolved in the water. For all I know, I was given poison. Hmmmmm..
![]() |
| My yummy Kool-Aid |
So pretty close to the 1130 mark, they called me back. Now I heard so many different varieties of what the tech does and this gal... was AWESOME! First, the room was absolutely freezing! I am already anemic so this cold room just intensified it. I laid on this bed thing-y (clothed) and she put this sheet over me. Ahh warmth plus I had to take my pants off to my knees. Now for this scanner thing. The best way to describe it is this.... a giant donut! Mmmmm donut!
![]() |
| CT Scanner |
So the tech hooked me up with an IV with saline solution at first. I went a few rounds on the machine, I guess to calibrate it and then the tech put in the 'warming' stuff. I did feel the warmth in the back of my throat and in my bladder. I didn't really have the sensation that I may pee my pants. That feeling went away within 5 mins, if that. A few more rounds in the machine and then I was done. I think it may have been a total of 10 minutes.
Of course they want you to drink lots of liquid to get rid of the 'warming' stuff in the body. Probably radioactive. Watch, I will glow! My oncologist will get the results Monday or Tuesday. I know my doctor does his surgeries on Tuesday so I may not hear from him til Thursday.
So that was my excitement of a CT Scan. I knew it wasn't a big deal to do it just what it will find is the anxiety part. Hoping the cancer is contained and will be easily taken out.


Comments