Surgery: Part Deux

I am going to write this as I go along so I don't forget too much info.  After I am finished, I will post this.

6/27/2014 - Finally got a surgery time!  Yay!  I have to be at Lakeside at 545am.  It sounds horrible but I looked back at my other surgery and I had to be in the downtown area at 530am... so really, not too bad.  Thankfully, this is outpatient surgery and I will be home that day!
*******
6/28 - Still no call back from the nurse.  It's now 720am and I am waiting until 8am to call to find out exactly what is going on.  I knew more about my hysterectomy and was ok with it.  But this.... my anxiety is running high on what is going to happen and the recovery.  I feel like I am being left in the dark.  Not cool at all!

So last night I was 'googling' to try to find out what to expect but since I have nothing to go on, I am seeing a whole bunch of scary shit.  My biggest fear is feeling less of a female since they are taking more of my body parts.  I don't know what to expect in the sex department, emotions that I will be going through or whatever.  I may have to go back to my GP and get tested for anxiety or depression after all this BS.  Just feel so scared and alone.  Again, didn't feel this way last year with my hyst surgery.  Hope I hear something today or my dr will hear something on Monday.
********
6/29 - Still did not receive a call back from the nurse.  Good thing she isn't my dr!  I guess if I really want to know, I could just call my dr but at this stage of the game, whatever.  I am glad this procedure will be at the Lakeside center instead of downtown.  Granted, the downtown has all the nifty, complicated gadgets and doodads, but if just feels better to be around the familiar.  Another plus, my new neighbor and her friend told me that if I needed anything to just call.  They are such good people!

I have my jammies that I am wearing for tomorrow and all I have to do is no eating/drinking past midnight.  I feel like a gremlin.  Don't get me wet either!  hahahaha!  Anywho, not sure when I will blog about this but I will add on to this journal.  Hoping to get a selfie at the hospital too! ;)

********
SURGERY DAY!!  440am

showered and ready to go.  I am so flippin' tired!  Going to get a few things done and then off! See ya on the flip side.....

About 930am - ok I am home now.  The surgery was only 30 minutes and I will have to get radiation on my abdominal area. He got most of it out too. Radiatoon will take place at Henry Ford downtown. 

As for pain,  it feel like someone punched me right in the crotch. Now I a, eating my breakfast bar, lemonade andwatching my Big Bang on dvd. 

Now onto camping at Metamora!!! Yay!  Thank you all for your love and prayers. Off to nappy time....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!