What to do with Cancer

So Dr. Hanna called and let me know that the tests that he requested for me show that cancer did not spread beyond the cervical wall (YAY!).  As with any good news, bad news follows... for once I would like just good news.

So the bad news is that I will have to undergo surgery to remove the cancer cells that are in my body. So far, all I know is the date, June 30th.  Just over a year ago, I had my hysterectomy now this.  I hope I don't make this a habit.  June is not surgery month...NOPE! I will have to undergo radiation but again, it really shouldn't be a big deal....already lost my hair.  More concerned on how my body will react to the radiation.

This is all I know as of now, 930am.  Now I have to wait to hear back about what meds to stop/continue, time and place for surgery, how long radiation and dosage and if I will be on restrictions for whatever reason.  Kinda of pissed since I want to get my walk in and I have to wait to hear all this info since I need to write this shit down.  I will update this once I find out.  But this is all I know...keeping my phone charged, google calendar ready for dates/times...

Screw this waiting... I'm going to get my walk in...

ONCE I KNOW, YOU WILL KNOW....

*******
UPDATE
*******

Got a call from Henry Ford (HF) to find out how I react to the anesthesiology stuff.  Well, told the lady that I have had a hysterectomy (uterus and ovaries) taken out.  Shouldn't that be in their charts and looked at before calling?   Would probably save a lot of time but...what do I know?  Anywho, since I have been under before, I don't have to see the anesthesiologist and can do the set up over the phone! Thank goodness!  So I will hear from HF on the 25th between 8am and 11am to discuss the time of surgery.  Also, the surgery will be at Lakeside.  I didn't know they had a surgical area there.  Who knew?!  Well, we all do now! :)

Comments

Unknown said…
You are awesome, incredible and inspiring!! I wish I could go with you when you have surgery but please know I will be praying for you every step of the way!! I love you girl friend!! <3 xoxoxox <3

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!