Post-Op Visit

Today I went to see Dr. Hanna today to go over the surgery and what was found.

He said all the surgery incisions look great (still no sex for 6 more weeks) and the insides look good too. So that put me in a good mood considering I have been feeling better each day.

Now the kicker, the final evaluation of the site he did find cancer (outside the uterus area). So I have to take Magace which treats breast/uterine cancer instead of going through chemo or radiation.  Not real happy about still  having cancer in my body or the side effects of this new drug (weight gain).  I suppose this will get me motivated to get back to walking on the treadmill and keep an eye on what I eat.  I am not going back up to the 200s.  My next appointment with the doctor will be in 6 months.  They will send a reminder on making an appointment.  

So now I am home with this pathology report in front of me, stunned.  It hasn't hit me but I have to get some homework done, pick up my Rx and try to keep a positive attitude.  I know I am allowed to grieve and go through my own emotional process.  

Just wish I could catch some kind of break.  I know things happen for a reason just wish God would share His Ultimate Plan with me.  

Comments

JenGentry said…
Wow. That is quite a shock. I guess the best news is that they caught it early before it spread.

Keep your head high, butterfly. Think of all the people you are helping and inspiring.

xoxox

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!