Just a quickie update

Ok so I went to my Dr. B about 2 weeks ago and apparently HFH has a new system that incorporates the patient as a user.  It is kind of nice!  I can email my doctor, see my test results and see my appointments.  Soon, I will be able to see the other doctors I could potentially see (not that I want to).

Anywho, I had to ask her about seeing a Dermatologist who specializes in Lupus.  My other dermi told me that he was unsure about the new medicines and treatments that deal with Lupus.  So after, I think, 2 years, I am finally seeing a dermi who specializes in this matter.  That will be April 29th.  I am hoping that she (Dr. K)  will have more alternatives than cortisone shots in my scalp.  Keeping fingers crossed!!

Let's see... we have ONE camping trip booked at that isn't until Labor day.  The guys are realizing that the state campgrounds are not available.  People doing things in advance... that's nuts!

Classes ~ I am in the homestretch!  After this semester is done and over, I have 2 more semesters which is  4 more classes!  YAY!  I have enjoyed meeting so many different people and the support from peers/teachers but I am so ready to be done.  The drive alone is hard without a job, not to mention on the body.

Speaking of body, I did have my SSDI hearing and I am still waiting for the results.  I may not know until mid to late April.  The hearing lasted maybe 15 mins and the only thing I really said was confirming of my work history.  I am hoping it does come through since it will help with the cost of my medicine, especially the Cellcept.  That sh*t is expensive! I am lucky and blessed to have some kind of insurance.

As for my hair, I am still shaving it but now I am using 1/4" guard on the Wahl. I am hoping it does grow back but in the meantime, I have been trying to get used to my favorite orange wig.  I am so glad my friend Janice took me to that place in Southfield!

I think that covers most of what has been happening. Have a great day and thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!