Follow up with the Rheummy
First, the vertigo has becoming less and less! YAY! I can say for once that the medicine has actually helped within a window of reason and not waiting 6 months or whatever. So very happy with that! No one has time for vertigo! I have things to do :)
So today I went to see Dr. Bishnoi to find out what she thinks caused this bout of vertigo. She told me that it is very common even with people with compromised systems (not just lupus). She went over my blood work and everything is pretty normal except I am a bit anemic. I asked her if that is the reason why I am cold most of the time. She said probably and I should look into a iron supplement. She wants to do a blood test (along with the rest) to see how my iron is doing.
Then I asked about when it comes to fall and winter when my pain is the worst because of the cold how she felt about medicinal marijuana. She wasn't against or for it but if I do decide to try it, that I would try it once then get my blood work done. There are many factors that can take effect.
So today I went to see Dr. Bishnoi to find out what she thinks caused this bout of vertigo. She told me that it is very common even with people with compromised systems (not just lupus). She went over my blood work and everything is pretty normal except I am a bit anemic. I asked her if that is the reason why I am cold most of the time. She said probably and I should look into a iron supplement. She wants to do a blood test (along with the rest) to see how my iron is doing.
Then I asked about when it comes to fall and winter when my pain is the worst because of the cold how she felt about medicinal marijuana. She wasn't against or for it but if I do decide to try it, that I would try it once then get my blood work done. There are many factors that can take effect.
- She is not sure how my current medicine will work with it (why the blood work after a week)
- Complications could occur because of the compromised immune system
She told me to talk it over and when I want to try, to let her know and we can take it small steps at a time. Maybe it will keep me from getting all stressed out? Who knows. I guess I won't know unless I do my research, talk to people and look into it.
Other than that, she says everything looks great and things look like they are managing! Very happy with that!
Comments
No one said life would be easy. You play the cards you are dealt.
What would our life be like without you....WELL very empty and lonely. You are our hope for a better day.
Your pain and suffering hurt you as well as John and Dad and I. We pray for you constantly. But it is not in our hands. It is God's Will. We must be able to accept that, and that is the hardest thing to do.
Just don't forget, you are our baby girl and you will always be our baby. You have taken us through so many difficult times and are always there for us. What we do without you....Be very very lost.
You are very important to us and I know to many, many other people you have touched in your life.
One day, they will find a cure for Lupus, but until then you can't give into that disease. It's a part of you, but it's not YOU.
We are there for you. Just don't be afraid to say what you feel. It's better you let it out and blow up, if you have to. That's a part of a good relationship. Don't give up.