Another symptom

Ok, dealing with a new symptom...vertigo.  Wonderful!

This all started Friday when I thought it was just me getting up too fast like any other person.  Went to my folks, had a few spells there, drove home (yes, a few spells doing that too.  I know that's not good but it's done).  I emailed my rheummy to let her know of this new symptom in case I forget.  Friday finished.
Saturday, I thought, maybe it's this crazy weather we are having.  So I went on to my Lupus support board and asked around. Apparently this can be another symptom of lupus.  Yeah like I am surprised! Also decided to read up on the medicine to help regulate stability.  For example, when I was outside picking up the poop, I saw my yard going in circles.  Luckily, I had the hot tub and the poop shovel with me to keep me up.  We went over to his folks' house and hung out there for a while.

Sunday, I felt the absolute worst!  I felt nauseous and  the spinning was out of control.  I really didn't want to move.  Which sucks because I was doing so well with getting back to walking.  Can't walk if I can't see!  So I made it my mission to see some kind of doctor for help.

Monday, called HF and started with the ENT specialists.  The dude said he couldn't get me in until late Sept, early Oct.  So I asked him, what do I do in the meantime?  Even though, at that time, I self diagnosed with vertigo, I need some help!  He switches me to an internal doctor.  Same thing, no appointments until end of Sept.  I'm not having this!  That person switches me to a nurse that can help me find a family doctor.  I did have one at the Royal Oak campus but I need some place close in case of weird colds, fevers, bla bla bla things that lupus throws at me.  This nurse was super!  She told me that she will get me a doctor.  About 5 minutes later, she found me a family doctor on 13/ Vandyke.  Real close!   Her name is Dr. Panchagnula.  Still trying to learn how to say her name but she was excellent!  She prescribed me Meclizine to help with the vertigo (by the way, it is vertigo).  If the drugs don't help, then she will send me to an ENT specialist.  if no help from that, it may be a combined effort of the ENT and physical therapy.

I want this to get under some control.  Besides camping, which I am not responsible for driving but I will have to keep an eye on the pooches, I have school coming up on Sept 4th.  I have to be able to drive.  It's my last semester!

Anywho, that was my weekend.  Full of twists and turns, literally!  ahhahha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!