Lupus Bus Tour 2013

Today, Janice and I went to Royal Oak for lunch and to see the Lupus Bus!  Our first stop was at Monterrey Catina for some Mexican food!  It was really yummy!!!  I had the shredded chicken tostadas lunch.  Good thing because the lunch plate was huge!
As you can see in this picture... yeah huge!  Of course, we scarfed on the chips and salsa.  After our filling lunch, we stopped at Starbucks for a coffee to wake from the food coma.  Then, of course, there was a cupcake place and I bought some.  I am still full from lunch so those may not be consumed until tomorrow!  I cannot believe I ate so much!



So, after eating, drinking and shopping was done, we ventured back to the car to drop off our things and to walk off our lunch.  When we arrived, we saw the bus was already there! We arrived at the Royal Oak Farmer's Market at 12:30pm and I thought the tour was at 1:30.  Glad it was early and we got in before the crowds.  We had a lot of the attention from the staff giving us information and walking us through the bus.
The video tour is actually done from last stop to the first.  It was really cool to see the videos, interactive information as well.  It was really worth going to see this!  The last stop was a snapshot from the bus where we could write a message.  I let Janice choose what to write... :)  
The day was pretty miserable with the rain, colder temps and a bit of a wind, but we managed and at the end of our tour, the #LHandSign for Lupus Awareness was flashed!
It was a very productive day.  Now, to relax at home and maybe take a nip out of those yummy cupcakes! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!