
What a fun weekend, as well as, much needed! We were on the road on Friday afternoon after we picked up the Longs for our caravan to Holly State Park. After they had their odds/ends taken care of, we were off! We arrived, I think, about 3ish and scoped out our camping spots. We had site 113 and the Longs had 111 (they were the party site).
The first night, after everything was all set up, we finally got to make some dinner. All of us had bacon, mushroom cheeseburgers (well John didn't want bacon but everything else). Really like the idea of having the bacon on hand. Eric also came by for a visit as well. Nice having the whole gang there!

We took the dogs to the beach for swimming as well. We did find out that the rental cabins that were on the beach we liked is now private :( boo!

Another reason why we like Holly is the big field area for the dogs to do their morning and afternoon run. It supposed to be for Frisbee golf (whatever that is) but there is no one there. So it was our private dog park! We did get a constant drizzle on Sunday afternoon through the night. It did clear up Monday for our group picture. Speaking of picture, my Nikon Coolpix took a dump on me so I am going to get a new camera probably today.
Plus today is my semester break! I finished up my last final last night and I am officially off homework for one whole week. Still waiting on my grade but I think it will be strong. Not too worried about that.
Anywho, here's to our first camping trip in the books and done! Next is North Higgins on Memorial Weekend!
Comments