Just some cancer tidbits
Well I did receive good news from the CT Scan. No cancer is found! I see my oncologist in a few weeks so he can re-evaluate the situation. Hopefully I can get off the Megace. Anywho, I found information about the staging/grading of cancer. The site is Uterine Cancer: Stage and Grade Info
Here's mine in a nutshell: Stage 1A: Grade 1
Stage IA: The cancer is found only in the endometrium or less than one-half of the myometrium (T1a, N0, M0).
Here's mine in a nutshell: Stage 1A: Grade 1
Stage IA: The cancer is found only in the endometrium or less than one-half of the myometrium (T1a, N0, M0).
- T1a/FIGO IA: The tumor is found only in the endometrium has spread to less than one-half of the myometrium
- N0 (N plus zero): There is no spread to regional lymph nodes.
- M0 (M plus zero): The cancer has not metastasized.
In general, the lower the tumor’s grade, the better the prognosis.
G1: The cells are well differentiated
I'm glad I found information about this. I see the ladies in my uterine support group spouting out stages and grades and I was oblivious to what it really meant. At least I found this site but hoping to never need it again!
Comments