Getting stronger....

Ok, so it has been about 3 weeks since my last radiation treatment and I am feeling a bit stronger each day.

First off, I saw my rheummy and it was such a great experience!  I love that woman!  So I caught her up on the drama I have been going through including the bone cancer scare.  She has so much empathy that it makes me so grateful to have found this crucial person in my life!  Anywho, she has me off my lupie drugs until I see my oncologist (November).  If he gives me the ok, then back on them I go.  I am feeling the difference since not having them.  I am more sore and slower to move.  to sum it up... I feel spent.

Ok, back to how my body is healing from the poison death ray.  Bowel movements are getting better and firmer (yup TMI but if you know me, you should know that I am TMI).  Still burns for urination.  I have been tested for UTI and there is none present.  I read that it does take a little longer for those cells to repair since it is so fragile (fra-gi-lee!).   I am still refraining from alcohol and keeping pop to a very bare minimum.  Just water and maybe some kool-aid squirt stuff for flavor.  Thank goodness for that!

Oh I forgot to mention that the radiologist oncologist (RO), after my last treatment, gave me this cylinder thing to keep my walls exercised.  I have to say, not really the highlight of my day.  So I have to do this at least once a week.  More for comfort when I get pelvic exams.  It's not like I am using it :)

So that's about it.  Just taking it day by day and hoping to get back to walking soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!