Surgery stuff almost finalized!

I am going to get a hysterectomy on June 25th, still waiting on the time.  

There is so much running through my mind (more so than normal).  I am more nervous about the healing process than anything.  I am hoping Lupus will take a day off and just let me heal.  It is so tiresome to heal slower than a 'normal' person.  

Shelby (the RN) went over the procedure with me (pre and post-op).  I will hear from the office about the time on the 24th.  At least one person can stay with me throughout the night.  I guess in case of an emergency or whatever.  It will be like a sleepover in Detroit.  OOhh that sounds like a hoot! :)

Anywho, I have to take this stuff called Golytely (or its generic) the day before to clean out my system. It's a gallon jug but at least I won't have to drink the whole thing unless my body refuses to flush anything out.  That's going to be a fun day considering that we will be coming home from camping and as soon as I get home, I have to start drinking it (8oz every 20 minutes).  

I will give updates, if I can.  It might be after I get back from the hospital.  :)  

Comments

Cheryl said…
Good luck. This is a great site for support and information. So you'll know what is "normal" and what isn't after the procedure. They have a great forum too. When it may have been an option for me, I found lots of great info. www.hystersisters.com

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!