Update on the Rheumatologist...
OK so, went to Dr. Bishnoi (Rheummy) this morning and talked about a number of things.
1. About my nail ~ on my right hand, ring finger...my nail has a hole. That's right, a hole. So I asked her if she is the one I talk to or is it my dermatologist (she says dermi). She thinks that they will have to pull off the whole nail so the new nail can grow in. She did look at it and says I don't have to go now (no infection, I have been bandaging it up too) but it will need to be done. UGH! She did order, along with my usual blood work, a few more tests (vitamin deficiency types) to see where I am at. I told her not to be too surprise if they were low.
2. Mood shifts...bad ~ I asked her about my mood changes. It's not like your typical 'Oh I am having a bad day' type. More like months at a time. She then told me it is more of the Lupus than the Rx that could have a hand in it. I didn't know this but Lupus can do two things (either or both) but alter the brain to have abnormal mood changes and/or stroke. Oh the fun! I told her I really do not want to go on meds for that but will be starting a yoga class next week in hopes to alleviate these 'thoughts' and some form of exercise (yup haven't been walking in some time...bad me). She did give me a number for a therapist if the yoga doesn't help which I am glad she did give. I have a lot on my plate at this time.
3. She noticed my my toes (yup in sandals still!) were purple. I told her that they aren't always purple but apparently it is Raynaud's (another part of an inadequate immune system). Really nothing one can do but just make sure they are kept warm and massaged (YES!).
After all that, refilled my Ambien and Cellcept, bought my Pumpkin Latte and now to finish up my homework.
1. About my nail ~ on my right hand, ring finger...my nail has a hole. That's right, a hole. So I asked her if she is the one I talk to or is it my dermatologist (she says dermi). She thinks that they will have to pull off the whole nail so the new nail can grow in. She did look at it and says I don't have to go now (no infection, I have been bandaging it up too) but it will need to be done. UGH! She did order, along with my usual blood work, a few more tests (vitamin deficiency types) to see where I am at. I told her not to be too surprise if they were low.
2. Mood shifts...bad ~ I asked her about my mood changes. It's not like your typical 'Oh I am having a bad day' type. More like months at a time. She then told me it is more of the Lupus than the Rx that could have a hand in it. I didn't know this but Lupus can do two things (either or both) but alter the brain to have abnormal mood changes and/or stroke. Oh the fun! I told her I really do not want to go on meds for that but will be starting a yoga class next week in hopes to alleviate these 'thoughts' and some form of exercise (yup haven't been walking in some time...bad me). She did give me a number for a therapist if the yoga doesn't help which I am glad she did give. I have a lot on my plate at this time.
3. She noticed my my toes (yup in sandals still!) were purple. I told her that they aren't always purple but apparently it is Raynaud's (another part of an inadequate immune system). Really nothing one can do but just make sure they are kept warm and massaged (YES!).
After all that, refilled my Ambien and Cellcept, bought my Pumpkin Latte and now to finish up my homework.
Comments