Rhuemmy Update

Let me first say I love this Rheumatologist!  She is awesome!  Not just because she is taking me off prednisone (BONUS!) but she actually cares about me!  I would highly recommend her!

Ok anywho... back to my appointment.  So Dr. Bishnoi is taking me down 12.5mg of prednisone for a month and then down to 10mg!  WOOHOO! She went through my blood work and said everything looked great especially my cholesterol!  My SLE markers were high but that is normal for an autoimmune disease.  She took me through each of the markers and explained it to me. 

So I asked her about getting the handicap tag and she said that if the neurologist won't sign it, she will.  I know I will only use it if it is absolutely necessary.  So I will have to go to Secretary of State and get the necessary papers and have one of the doctor's sign it off for me.

Another thing...on Monday, I am having a test done on my lungs to check for abnormalities (really, me?).  Plus with all my blood work being groovy, it is good to have a base picture of my lungs now in case, down the road YEARS FROM NOW.... my lupus goes nuts.  I will definitely post about that experience!  I wish I did for my echocardiogram.  That was really cool too!!  But I digress....

Well, that's that doctor visit for today.  Friday, Zeke gets his booster shot and then Monday I go in for my lung test.  Oh the fun! :)

Comments

jodilee said…
So happy your appt went well! :)
jodilee said…
Happy your appt went well. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

Interesting Tidbit

Getting ready for radiation