Neurologist Appointment

So Ok.....Went to the Neurologist today and really nothing unusual but here is what happened...

Dr. Wasade is a great doctor first off.  She went through the formalities of questions and what I feel, or not feeling.  She was astonished that I wasn't on any SLE drugs until 2011.

So after all the paperwork/questions were done, then came the battery of testings.  First was reflexes.  She checked my arms and my legs.  Those were great!  Then was strength (pulling and pushing).  Again, excellent.  Finally, she took a pin and checked my arms and then went down my legs.  I felt it until she reached my ankles and the feeling dropped.  When she reached closer to my toes, the feeling was gone.

The walking test was interesting too.  She had me walk the hallway.  She noticed that I walk on my heels more than on my whole foot.  Mind you, I was barefoot and it was hard.  Then she had me do heel to toe and it was difficult; up on my heels and then up on my toes.  Holy Cow!  I thought for sure I was going to fall over! :)  

She suspects it is neuropathy (which I already had thought it was), but she is going to have blood work done for diabetes.   So I had to make an appointment for an EMG (toe zapper) on November 9 (730am).  I figure if I do it early enough I wont have time to fret about it.

Dr. Wasade did prescribe some meds (yes more maintenance drugs, how I hate this disease!).  Now on top of the existing meds, I now take Gabapentin (300mg).  I start with a regimen of:
Week 1 - 1 pill at night
Week 2 - 1 pill am; 1 pill pm
Week 3 - 1 pill am; 2 pill pm
Week 4 - 2 pill am; 2 pill pm

I need a bigger pill box!  hahahha!

anywho, tomorrow is Rheummy (Dr. Bishnoi).  Mostly blood work and hoping to be off another 5mg of prednisone! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!