Summer Camping in Review
Well, well, well..... Still in disbelief that summer is winding down. Sad :(
Anywho, I figure I would put down some thoughts about our camping this summer.
Anywho, I figure I would put down some thoughts about our camping this summer.
- May ~ We went to Algonac State campground. Our site was right off the water (and the 55mph road). Overall it was really nice but the trees were still young and didn't offer much shade. Here's a picture of our site.
- Another May camping trip was to Logan, West Virginia. This is an annual family reunion for John's family. Pretty much we use this instead of taking a hotel since we have Jacob. Only bad thing is there is no alcohol on the grounds (well, at least as far as they knew! hahah!)
- June ~ Sleeper State Park. We had a site in the inner aisle. If you were alone, that works great but with 2 couples, 2 dogs and an extra camper... well we were cozy! :) Lots of trees and it wasn't too buggy but the cottonwood was flying like mad.
- July ~ We did a group site in Groveland county park. We never did a county park before so this was a first. Also, I had my niece, Courtney with us. For us, it didn't really work out for us. There wasn't much for us to do with Jacob, everything we had to pay extra for (and I do mean everything including showers), barely any shade. I guess it would be a different scenario if we knew more folks but it is what it is.
- August ~ Our BIG trip. We take one trip each year and stay for 5 days and find places to off road. This year we went to Interlochen, MI. Again, my niece tagged along and tent camped. Our site was awesome! Lots of trees! The off-road trails had lots of monstrous puddles and we came out very wet and dirty! LOVED IT! Interlochen also had a store where I bought hoodies for us and they weren't too crazily priced.
Our last trip is coming up this weekend. We are going to Sleepy Hollow State Park. We are camping with 2 more folks and they are going to the MSU game opener while Stacy and I will enjoy our bonding time with each other and our pups. I will post on that when I get home.
Overall, a good camping summer! Starting school on Sept 7th so it's back to work....
Comments