August 2011
My My My....
How things have changed. I couldn't fatham recounting EVERYTHING but there are some major points.
December 2009... We adopted a 4 month old lab/hound mix named Jacob. We decided to keep the name. Piper wasn't thrilled sharing her home but she made sure he knew she was top dog.
Lots of camping... LOTS! :)
June 19, 2010... we lost our beloved baby girl, Piper Jo to some blood disease. We could of done an autopsy but we didn't. Just didn't seem right.
October 2010... Had a high grade fever (hovered around 102) but I didn't bother seeing the doc. Just seemed like a Michigan type fever but turned out to be a major flare. My lupus came back powerful than ever. I ended going to the ER November 1, 2010 and stayed over night (boo!). This was, of course, after seeing my new Rheumatologist (rheummy from here on) for the 1st time.
My symptoms got steadily worse. Come Feb/March, my body shut down completely making it impossible to get out of bed. I needed help to use the bathroom :(
As of now, I am on Cellcept, Prednisone, Plaquenil and baby asprin.
Then my rheummy takes a new position and refers me to this new rheummy. Dr Bishnoi is AWESOME! She is very proactive! She wants to get me off prednisone (yay!) and gave me a number for a neurologist since I have not had full function of my feet since March 2011.
On a positive note... I did return back to school for an Associated in ASL Interpreting. I think I may have 2 years left. Just depends on money and how my body handles it.
So far 2011 hasn't been too much problem. Living with Lupus is very difficult since I never know what to expect day to day. Some people just don't understand this disease and turn a blind eye but for those who look into it and try to help... THANK YOU!
I have been doing the Lupus walk for a few years now. Medically, I have been diagnosed since February 2004 but I am pretty sure it was around way earlier.
Anywho, I am glad I am back on blogger. It is a change of pace and gets everything out so I can somewhat keep tabs on things
How things have changed. I couldn't fatham recounting EVERYTHING but there are some major points.
December 2009... We adopted a 4 month old lab/hound mix named Jacob. We decided to keep the name. Piper wasn't thrilled sharing her home but she made sure he knew she was top dog.
Lots of camping... LOTS! :)
June 19, 2010... we lost our beloved baby girl, Piper Jo to some blood disease. We could of done an autopsy but we didn't. Just didn't seem right.
October 2010... Had a high grade fever (hovered around 102) but I didn't bother seeing the doc. Just seemed like a Michigan type fever but turned out to be a major flare. My lupus came back powerful than ever. I ended going to the ER November 1, 2010 and stayed over night (boo!). This was, of course, after seeing my new Rheumatologist (rheummy from here on) for the 1st time.
My symptoms got steadily worse. Come Feb/March, my body shut down completely making it impossible to get out of bed. I needed help to use the bathroom :(
As of now, I am on Cellcept, Prednisone, Plaquenil and baby asprin.
Then my rheummy takes a new position and refers me to this new rheummy. Dr Bishnoi is AWESOME! She is very proactive! She wants to get me off prednisone (yay!) and gave me a number for a neurologist since I have not had full function of my feet since March 2011.
On a positive note... I did return back to school for an Associated in ASL Interpreting. I think I may have 2 years left. Just depends on money and how my body handles it.
So far 2011 hasn't been too much problem. Living with Lupus is very difficult since I never know what to expect day to day. Some people just don't understand this disease and turn a blind eye but for those who look into it and try to help... THANK YOU!
I have been doing the Lupus walk for a few years now. Medically, I have been diagnosed since February 2004 but I am pretty sure it was around way earlier.
Anywho, I am glad I am back on blogger. It is a change of pace and gets everything out so I can somewhat keep tabs on things
Comments