Re-examining my Faith
It's been almost 2 weeks since my dad has passed and I'm slowly coming out of my depression. It's a game changer to lose a parent and it makes me scared of the inevitable...losing my mom.
I'll admit, I haven't been to church for a few months and I was pretty ticked off at God for making my parents go through Hell. They're good people so why should they endure that bullshit? But now that dad is gone, I have had a change of heart. I want to get back to church and have a relationship with God. It is more for a selfish reason...to be with my dad in Heaven but I have been carrying around this hatred in my heart for a long time.
I emailed my friend at my church who I used have choir and dance asking how to reconnect. I know going back to church is a good step but there has to be more. There's an app for reconnecting with God on the tablet that I have to look at. I used it before to read all the Gospels. Good day to examine my Faith.
Anywho, that's where I am at. I don't want to be left behind...I want to be with my parents in Paradise.
Comments