My first Support Group for Lupus
Tonight I went to a Lupus Support group that was right up the street from the house. Hubby went with me as well. We were both a bit apprehensive since it was being a first time going. But when we got in and found the room, we were welcomed with open arms.
The host, Dr. Zora Denson, introduced herself and made us feel at ease. Soon more people came in but there wasn't really a lot. In total, we had 5 people including Dr. Denson. Yes, that small.
We went around the room and introduced ourselves and how we came to find this support group. The stories were interesting to see how Lupus affects people differently. They have different speakers and tonight was about health care. Thankfully, we have good insurance but it was good to hear from someone who works in that field. One of the ladies there was in need so it was good the speaker was there.
After that, we went around the room to get ideas for speakers and topics. It was great to hear all the different ideas that swarmed in there. I am looking forward to next week with the topic of prescriptions and their interactions.
For homework, I have to find a healthy recipe to share with the group. Hahhha... I should sign it! bwhahahaha!
The host, Dr. Zora Denson, introduced herself and made us feel at ease. Soon more people came in but there wasn't really a lot. In total, we had 5 people including Dr. Denson. Yes, that small.
We went around the room and introduced ourselves and how we came to find this support group. The stories were interesting to see how Lupus affects people differently. They have different speakers and tonight was about health care. Thankfully, we have good insurance but it was good to hear from someone who works in that field. One of the ladies there was in need so it was good the speaker was there.
After that, we went around the room to get ideas for speakers and topics. It was great to hear all the different ideas that swarmed in there. I am looking forward to next week with the topic of prescriptions and their interactions.
For homework, I have to find a healthy recipe to share with the group. Hahhha... I should sign it! bwhahahaha!
Comments