2013 Reflections...

2013 wasn't too bad. I had some setbacks but that is everyday.  Overall, it was a productive year.  I finished my Sign language program and attempted at taking the BEI.  Yeah, I didn't pass but that's ok, just try again.  Over the summer, I had some complication with my cycle and had to make an appointment.  It was so bad that I was afraid to leave my house.  The pain and embarrassment was too much for me to handle.  Anyways, went to the OB and then found out that I had pre-cancerous cells.  So off I go to the oncologist to find out how 'pre' I was.  Come to find out it wasn't 'pre' but cancer.  So the decision was to be on medication or have a hysterectomy.  Easy choice for me was the surgery.  Luckily, my doctor was the top at Henry Ford in robotic surgery.  On June 25, had my surgery and everything went well.  I still have cancer but I don't have to take radiation or chemo, just medication.  My 6 month follow up is on Jan 6 to see what we will do from there.  I am pretty lucky with having Lupus for almost 10 years (officially diagnosed, I think I had it longer) and having doctors that LISTEN and UNDERSTAND my case.  I love my Henry Ford doctors.

As for schooling, as I said above, I finished my program but I have one class to finish.  I will be graduating this May with my Associates in Sign Language Interpreting and with HONORS.  I got all my bling-bling and just have to finish this one class.

Our camping season was a good one as well.  We had some fun times, as always, and looking forward to this summer since I don't have classes to worry about!  Yay!  I am doing the Color Run this June 21st with my friend, Stacy in Ypsilanti! I am looking forward to that too!

I am going to try to be more positive this year and ask my rheummy about getting checked out for depression.  I need to get these dark, negative thoughts out of my head.  I have done talk therapy but it really didn't do anything for me.

Anywho, 2013 was a good year.  I had a roof over my head, food in my stomach and love from friends/family.

Hope 2014 will be just as good!  Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!