The Last Semester of ASL at OCC
School started on Sept 4th and I have a chance to do a write up about this last semester in the ASL Program. Why not the last semester in school? Well, I am waiting on OCC to 'approve' classes from MCC and OU. I still cannot believe OCC allowed me to take a core program without prior classes. Someone goofed. So I expect I may have to take a gen ed class but I am hoping that class will be available at MCC. Shorter distance and cheaper. Anywho, not letting that take away my thunder but ... LAST SEMESTER!
Knowing it is an upper echelon class, more work is expected. We have:
Knowing it is an upper echelon class, more work is expected. We have:
- 94 practicum hours (which I am glad I have extra hours left from previous classes)
- 3 Interviews with a deaf person (I have 2 already setup before the end of this month! GO ME)
- Mentoring (in class and appointed)
- Case presentations
- Portfolios
- Hot seats
- etc, etc, etc
I am very lucky to have started volunteering at DeafCan last year. They are allowing me to get my observation hours through their interpreters. I figure I can continue my relationship with them and when I get certified, I can do some freelance stuff through them. Speaking of certification, I sent in my application and check for the BEI last weekend. I don't expect to get a date until after the holidays but maybe I can get a jump on it.
After this program is done in December, get my testing date, I would like to get some work time in but I do want to go back to school for my Bachelor in Psychology. Not sure where but I would like to do an online school but I want an accredited university. That's my future plans... gotta place my concentration on the now. It's going to be lots of work but I do welcome it. It feels like 'real world' experience and the peers I have in this last semester are the best. Love their support and love!
Anywho, here's to the next 15 or so weeks! WORK WORK WORK! :)
Comments