Happy New Year!!
Time sure does fly! Now that 2012 is finished, the life lessons I took from it will always be with me. What I have learned from the past year is not to be so concerned what others see from the outside but inside. Yes, that should be known but I didn't truly realize this until the day my hair started falling out quickly. I ended up shaving it down to help with healing. This taught me how people really are. I am glad that I have true friends who look past outward appearances and know who I am. YAY! I also learned from the past year to let those who want to dwell in their negativity, well... let them stay there. I cannot pull them up if they don't want the help. I am there for them to listen and what not but they are their own heroes.
Now onto what this year holds for me....
School ~ This is my last year! YES! It's going to be a rough one considering my last semester took it easy on me! Time to buckle down again and do it to it! My plan for my academic/career is about midterm of winter semester, file for my BEI testing (state certification) and EIPA (educational certification). After passing those certifications, continue to volunteer at DeafCAN to get my name known for the job market. I will receive my degree (AAS in Sign Language Interpreting) in December 2013. I must like December graduations since that is when I received my Bachelors at OU. Anywho, once all my affairs are in order, I can finally start making my own money! It's been a while since I could say that!
Health ~ Well, it's winter and that has never been good to me. But at least I do have a court date for SSD. I have to remind myself to keep my answers to the point and not go off tangent. Let my lawyer do the talking :) For me, I had to go back on prednisone because of the serious joint pain in my hands, knees and anywhere else that can bend. If prednisone does not help, then my dr wants me to try Benlysta. I am not sure if our insurance covers it since it requires me to stay at the hospital. This med is given by IV and, from what I read and other folks who went through it, takes about an hour and a half (depending on dosage). That scares me. I am not a big fan of trying new drugs in the first place but now... an IV? I wish I knew what it was like to have a normal body and to get old graciously...this is like a rollercoaster ride. I am hoping that this disease does not stop me from doing what I want to do (within reason, of course).
Family/Friends ~ I am just glad I have them! I know some are in a bad place right now and I am thinking of them in hopes they find their way. John's family is doing fine and his Uncle Rex is still kicking it even though he is going through chemo. He's a fighter! As for my side, my dad is still cancer free (bladder cancer) and still driving my mom crazy. I saw my older sisters on Christmas which was nice. I am developing a relationship with my new classmates since my friends have graduated and moved on. Bittersweet but life happens.
Hope this year finds you in good spirits, good times, and good people! Love you all!

Comments