The Effects of Text Messaging....

On Monday night (10/20), I was driving to the hospital to go see how my dad is doing and not even 10 minutes from the house, some kid pretty much took off my tail lights, bumper and bent my wheel axle. Mind you, it just started to rain so amazingly, I was careful and kept about 2 car lengths from the dude in front of me but this crazy maniac came out of no where.

After I made sure he was ok, he blurted out this most annoying excuse... "I only looked down to checked my text message. It was just a second!" That right there set me off. I told him "Well at least you are ok but couldn't you have waited until we have stopped at the red light instead of plowing me over?"

Another 'fun' part was that he didnt have any of his information with him and that his car was his mom's. (shaking head). I know accidents will happen but WTF dude? Do you not carry your information with you?

So, of course, the men in blue came and made me write up a statement and took the kid to the car and I guess to confirm his indentity. The next thing I know, my car is getting towed cuz it was not safe for driving. Yeah like I really need this aggrevation!

Anywho, John and I went up to the body shop and he took some pictures of the damage.






Comments

Dee said…
Holy crap!! honestly i think txt'n while drivin is nuts. people who "think" they can..can't they're the ones that are all over the road. I see it enuff at the gas station where people yap and not pay attention and spill gas all over the damn place. IDIOTS!! Well at least your all in one piece, i'm sure that kid who hit you is prolly not gunna be after his parents seen what he did..=(. Think that's why i'm leary bout letting court have her DL..she is too dependent on that damn phone!!!!
Cheryl said…
Wow!!! I'm glad that you're all right though. I know here in CA, they have outlawed talking on the phone w/o a headset, but honestly, they should outlaw texting/emailing while driving. It's VERY distracting. I wonder what kind of penalty the kid will get.

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!