November Things

Well, well well...it's November.
I still cannot believe it! Where did this year go?! The next 2 months arent even full months of work (woohoo!). I will lose money at the end of the year because I don't get paid for shut down but, eh, that only happens once a year and it's only a week's worth of pay.

We have for events this month, John's parents anniversary (Nov 1 ~ 39 years) and 2 birthdays, my neice Michelle (Nov 13 ~ 14 yo) and my brother in law Mark (Nov 26th ~ 45). Of course there is Thanksgiving, the big chaotic day of the year in my parents' home. Tatia will be 6 months on the 18th... I cannot believe she will be the halfway mark! The Girards are coming by my folks house for dinner. They did last year and enjoyed it very much! My mom extended the invite to them every year if they are interested so they are coming again this year. That means lots of picture taking! :)

I already started my Christmas shopping and planning on making hordes of cookies to share with co-workers, friends and family. I am sending some to Deanna in Ohio like I did last year. It's too bad that the siblings are way too busy to get together to enjoy the holidays. It seems like a chore/obligation. It's a shame that they think of it as that and not count their blessing to have our parents around for another holiday. I am holding a special place in my heart for the holidays. Even with limited financial resources, I am putting thoughts into my gifts moreso.

Anywho, November will start and the next thing you know, it will be turkey day! The day after, cookie day for me! I am going to try my hand at a pumpkin roll and my cookie list is as follows: Chocolate chip, Peanut butter, chocolate thumbprints, sugar, gingerbread, PB cup cookie, candied almonds, and broken glass candy. I am always looking for volunteers! haha!

Have a good month and look for pictures from tailgating and other events!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We can't wait to get the cookies =D


Cookies to send back are... Peanutbutter kiss cookies, mint chocolate chip, baklava(mebe), spritzs, sugar cookies(a must with my kids) and whatever else they kids come up with.

Will prolly start cooking the weekend after thanksgiving seeing i volunteered to work thanksgiving this year cuz i have nothing going on that day anyways.

Sux bout the siblings but eh..its their life they are gunna look back on and say. Wow we should have done..instead of saying wow we really enjoyed this holiday or that event. *shrugs*

DUnno I take each day with a new appreciation. Was almost held up at work the other night by some crackhead. IF it wasn't for some quick thinking of a customer...I don't know what would have happened.

Enjoy the time you have with your family...cuz it might not be there next time.

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!