The ER visit!!

A bit of an update on my health front....

January 25, early morning about 3am, I had to use the bathroom.  My bladder is very weak since the radiation but that's another story....

So I got into bed, I could not get warmed up.  I was shivering bad.  Mind you, I have a comforter and a quilt with 2 big dogs that are around me.  Anywho, shivering and then my chest started with that weird feeling I had a few times before.  It felt like someone punched me right between the breasts and then the pain went up my throat, similar to getting choked.  Jaw ached, headache, fever of 101.  All this was happening early in the morning. I couldn't lay down since the breathing became harder.  

I did finally get some rest and I had to cancel my outing with my cousin (BOO!).  I felt like this pretty much the whole day so about 2pm, my MIL drove me down to the ER at HFH on 15/Ryan.  I knew it was my lupus flaring but of course they ran tests galore.  I had an EKG, CT, on IV, urine test, etc etc... So pretty much sitting there from 230pm until 1030pm when the ER doctor told me he wanted me to stay in observation overnight.  I wanted to go to the 19/Garfield HFH but there was no room.  Really?  Awesome...Henry Hood, could take me.  So I got to ride in an ambulance with 2 cute EMT guys.  PERK! :)

I had a room set up and the guys got me there.  Got all checked in, empty the bladder (again..) and hubby brought me a double cheeseburger!  I did get to see the new gowns that HF had.  I should have taken it but oh well..

The next morning, had an echo-cardiogram and everything was great.  I ended up checking out about noon with a double dose of prednisone (40mg for 2 weeks and then 10 less to bring it down).  

But now I caught a cold from the ER area and battling with a cough and a bit of weakness.  

So what have I  learned?? There is absolutely nothing they can do for me when tachycardia hits me.  My heart rate will come down when my flare settles.  I knew this, why doesn't anyone listen?   But now, I have a bit of a cough and runny nose.  Not sleeping very well either.  Life of a lupie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!