Medical catch-up

I know it has been a while since I wrote but with not being able to sit, stand or basically live a life, it's hard to put words onto my blog.

On July 23rd, I had my consultation for my 2nd round of radiation. It will be 30 rounds, back to my pelvis and up my torso.  On July 31st, I went in for simulation. This time I have a form!  Oooh, yup be jealous!  I'm hoping, after this is all done, that I can get all the techs to sign it.  It would be loads of fun.  Gotta make this as fun as I can.  Cancer sucks but I am still living...so far ;)

I did have some non-medical events.  Yes, I do leave the hospital at some point.  John's family had their family reunion.  I didn't bring the boys this year since I didn't feel that great myself and the stress of dealing with them would just add to my pain.  It turned out pretty good.  Got lots of pictures too!

I had lunch with my cousin Annie a few days later.  We did our typical catchup but it never feels like that.  But we were at Applebees for over 3 hours!  I had a great time with her and miss her. She understands to have an invisible illness and no one believing you. After I arrived home, my digestive tract decided to punch from the inside.  Thankfully, I could get my colonscopy early...3 days!!


So the night before, did the golytely stuff.  It was actually welcoming since I did not have to strain to have a BM. The next day, went HF, they prepped me, did the Cscope and told me that my lower colon is inflamed and restricted.  The doctor did get some biopsies and I am still waiting to hear from that.  I also was given some wonderful pictures of it.  I say I have an angry lower colon.  So basically I am on a low fiber diet which, as the doctor says, anything that isn't good for you.  Plus I am taking miralax every other day to help with the BM.  I still take a Norco when I cannot function and extreme pain.

Next week I start radiation.  Tuesday August 11, 2015 until Sept 22, 2015.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!