Radiation Mess

So this morning I just couldn't deal with the pain from my abdominal area.  That wasn't too much of my worry as the blood in my stool.  At first, I thought it was because I was trying so hard to go and ruptured by my anus.  Plus I felt sick to my stomach and the urge to go #2 all the time.

I called HF this morning to see when I can get in.  I do have my cancer doctor on Monday but  it was unbearable!  They do have a walk in clinic on Kercheval.  It was a life saver for me!

John took me and of course did the preliminary things (BP, temp, O2, urine).  Finally saw the dr and he did an examination of the anus and found a small hemmi (he says at the 12 o'clock mark).  He also had me get chest Xrays with abdominal as well.  No obstruction was found but I do have some build up in my intestines.  Plus he did find blood mixed in with my stool.  It is common for radiation patients to get colitis because of the poisoning they do to them.  Now I have 3 more meds to add to my list:

  • Ciprofloxacin HCL 500mg - This is to help fight the bacteria that is hanging out in my intestines that caused the colitis.
  • Docusate Sodium 100mg - Stool softener. 'Nuff said
  • Pramoxine-Hydrocortisone - cream for the hemmi
Anywho, seeing the cancer dr on Monday and let him know what is up.  I still think he may do a colonoscopy but I guess we will see what the meds do first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!