Welcome 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Christmas was pretty good this year.  We always get a visit from my sister and her family from Alabama.  Of course, I took a bazillion pictures but you never know when you will see them again.  A year is so long but grateful to see them.  I was glad I could make some Christmas cookies this year to pass around.  Also mom helped me make cannolis as well!  Hoped everyone liked them!

Christmas 2011 with the Carters
 As for me, Santa brought me my treadmill (What a guy!).  It is the NordicTrack T5.7.  I love it!  There's 20 onboard programs plus I can get a module that will add more!  Right now, the 20 is just fine.  My feet and body have to adjust to moving without pain.  My ultimate goal is to get back to jogging but for now, 3mph at a 2% incline is doable.  Hoping to lose 50 pounds by June 1st.  Let the carnage begin!

As for doctor's, I have my rheummy tomorrow afternoon, neurologist next Friday and then I have to take a eye test at the end of the this month because of the plaquenil.  I do not have any problems, it is just a precautionary.  I was aware of this before taking this med since I talk to my eye doctor beforehand.  He pretty much eased my concerns.  

This new year also brings a new insurance through John's work.  Since his company was bought out, things change.  Thankfully (knock on wood), he still has a job!  I did check through this new insurance website and both my doctors were on their list but I am still leery.  Also, I have to use a new prescription company.  Oh the joy! :)  

Also, rummaging through the pile of stuff I have on my dresser, I found a HealthMinder book.  Pretty much a book that I can write my symptoms, how I feel, meds, the weather, physical activities, etc.  So far I found it pretty helpful since my pains go everywhere and there's no telling what will happen next.  I should do squares on myself!  hahaha!

So pretty much a fun Christmas.  School starts on the 9th.  If everything holds true from semesters before, I will graduate December 2013 (before I am 40! YES!).  It will be a push but I really just want to be done with it and say 'I did it despite my handicap!'.   

Hope the New Year is good to you, dear reader!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dermatologist

My head is going to explode!